United Nations Watch - USA
National Campaign Director
New York, New York
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
United Nations Watch (“UN Watch”) is a unique non-governmental organization headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland that monitors the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter, protects universal human rights, and combats anti-Semitism and anti-Israel prejudice. UN Watch defends democracy dissidents while fighting dictatorships and double standards.
United Nations Watch – USA (“UN Watch-USA”) is a U.S. based nonprofit, which supports the work of UN Watch and has a growing presence and team focused on North America. In 2019, UN Watch-USA held its Inaugural New York Gala, featuring keynote speaker, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The National Campaign Director (“Director”), serving as the chief fundraising officer and lead professional in the U.S., will conceive and drive fundraising, programming, and advocacy strategies and activities for UN Watch-USA in the U.S. and Canada. The funds will be used to both support UN Watch-USA’s vital mission as well as the multi-year strategic vision for growth and expansion.
The Director will create and execute a new development strategy and plan to expand UN Watch-USA’s current donor base, including identifying, engaging, and managing donors. The plan would establish a donor giving structure, outline donor and community outreach and events, and work to increase awareness and retention. As part of the plan, the successful candidate can attend and leverage important UN debates and diplomatic events in New York City.
The Director will be based in the UN Watch-USA office in New York with a small team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and implement a professionalized fundraising structure and plan to grow revenues and the North American donor base;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals and foundations in key cities nationwide;
- Build on the success of the organization’s Inaugural New York Gala by driving increased attendance and spearheading post-event follow-up strategies;
- Create and lead cultivation and outreach events and activities to engage and broaden the prospect pool and increase brand awareness;
- Develop and coordinate a plan to strengthen UN Watch-USA’s programming and advocacy activities in New York and elsewhere in North America; and
- Manage fundraising processes and professionalize procedures including original research, database, grant proposals, compliance, and reporting requirements.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
UN Watch is on a mission to combat human rights abuses, and to expose and eliminate anti-Semitic and anti-Israel sentiments. To help sustain and expand this important work, UN Watch-USA is seeking a talented professional who is:
- A passionate supporter and defender of human rights and Israel – you are deeply motivated by the mission of UN Watch-USA, and fascinated by global politics and media;
- A sophisticated executive – you have the executive presence and personal style to represent the organization and inspire multiple constituents;
- A versatile development professional – you have a command of fundraising strategies with five to ten years of experience in donor identification, cultivation, and solicitation;
- An effective events producer– you have experience conceptualizing and executing high-level cultivation events;
- A self-starter who is relentless for results – you can independently set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals; and
- A skilled systems-builder – you are tech-savvy and have experience implementing and managing fundraising databases.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
TRAVEL: Domestic travel expected and occasional travel to Canada, Switzerland, and Israel.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
United Nations Watch – USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
If this sounds like you, please tell us more and email your interest (letter and resume) in confidence to: UNWatchUSA@sandlersearch.org