Sandler Search was founded in 2011 with an idea to build a mission-driven search firm dedicated to the leadership of nonprofit and philanthropic enterprises. We are a leading boutique retained executive search firm comprised of search professionals, industry experts, and management consultants. We serve as trusted advisors to many of the country’s most valued and impactful organizations, their leadership, and teams.
We are a collaborative team that is motivated, personally and professionally, by diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as we recruit senior-level leaders for nonprofit, education, social impact, and philanthropic organizations. We are headquartered in New York City with staff across the country working nationally.
The Talent Lead will lead and support a portfolio of searches by managing and executing the full cycle of Executive Search services. The Talent Lead is responsible for managing some searches independently including the core aspects of client management, search strategy, research, marketing strategy and messaging, to candidate development, talent management, screening, and referencing. They will also be responsible for supporting senior search consultants on select searches with candidate development and key deliverables.
Search Execution and Candidate Development
- Build and drive customized search strategy in partnership with the client considering the unique needs of the organization and role.
- Lead or participate in client management which includes search kick-off, regular weekly or bi-weekly client calls, presentation of candidates, interview process oversight, and offer and negotiation assistance to close.
- Develop strong candidate pools through identifying and reaching out to potential candidates and resources, evaluating and screening candidates, and utilizing Sandler’s state-of-the art database, online and digital resources.
- Manage the interview process from start to finish including supporting the candidate through each step, scheduling meetings, preparing the client to lead interviews and narrow down the candidate pool, and referencing.
- Create search materials such as presentations, evaluation forms, interview guides, candidate reports, and other materials as needed.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders on business development opportunities when appropriate.
- Assist with developing materials, researching and identifying opportunities, attending pitch meetings, and following up with potential partners.
The Talent Lead will be a strategic, high energy, and driven talent professional and relationship builder with experience participating in the full cycle of the search process. You have a strong commitment to mission-based organizations, the greater nonprofit sector, and equity and inclusion. Additionally, you should have or bring:
- A bachelor’s degree plus prior 7+ years of experience in talent development, executive search, fundraising, nonprofit management, and/or consulting.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks with strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excitement about the talent and professional leadership space, with a balance of knowledge and expertise and openness to learning.
- Proactive, relentless, and independent, thriving in an entrepreneurial, client-focused culture while also balancing an overarching collaborative, team-based mindset.
- Strategic, inquisitive, and perceptive, with well-honed listening skills and the ability to synthesize information.
- Genuine connection to social impact, people, equity, inclusion, and community.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to join our team.
Please email letter of interest and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
Sandler Search is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We are an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.