The Child Center of New York
Forest Hills, NY with locations throughout the five boroughs
ABOUT THE CHILD CENTER OF NY:
The Child Center of NY was founded in 1953 as a children’s counseling center in Queens. Since its inception, it has grown to have a powerful pervasive community presence throughout New York City with almost 70 locations and 1,100 professionals. The Child Center of NY strengthens children and families with skills, opportunities, and emotional support to build healthy, successful lives.
Serving children from birth through adulthood, The Child Center uses a comprehensive holistic approach in supporting a child’s cognitive, social-emotional and physical well-being. Offering programs in Early Childhood Education, Behavioral Health, Health Homes and Integrated Care, Prevention and Family Support, and Youth Development, children and their families and caregivers are assisted and strengthened in the communities where they are most needed.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
With a budget of close to $73MM, The Child Center has meaningfully increased its government funding and grants to support its critical programming. Currently, The Child Center believes there is an opportunity to significantly expand its private funding and revenue streams that are currently raising around $1.5MM. The Child Center has an ambitious goal of tripling this revenue with a focus on major gifts, non-traditional revenue sources and other new business initiatives.
The SVP, Development will be charged with the strategic direction, growth, and overall management of a fundraising and revenue portfolio for The Child Center. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, they will be responsible for identifying, engaging and managing individual, corporate, and foundation funds, especially in building out a strong, diverse fundraising Board. Additionally, the successful candidate will drive the potential for non-traditional revenue sources that could include partnerships or other private sector opportunities.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Serve as the principal development and external affairs officer and drive the fundraising, revenue, and branding with a new perspective;
- Design and implement a roadmap to complete the resource mobilization goal for The Child Center over the next five years including major gifts, planned giving, events, and non-traditional revenue and business opportunities;
- Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with the Board and Associate Board to create a culture of giving, increase private and public sector funding and revenue, and identify and recruit perspective Board and Associate Board members;
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify out-of-the-box avenues of economic support for programs and special projects; and
- Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the development and marketing and communications department including recruiting, supervising, mentoring, and inspiring staff.
Fundraising and Brand Advancement:
- Cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations while aggressively seeking new funding sources and donors to grow the base;
- Develop and execute a strategy for non-traditional revenue sources, considering partnerships and business initiatives among others;
- Create and coordinate a comprehensive stewardship plan as well as design a compelling donor experience through communications and field visits;
- In conjunction with the VP of Marketing and Communications, create and implement marketing and communications strategies to enhance The Child Center brand and convey compelling and engaging messages to the philanthropic, high-net worth, and business community; and
- Develop and lead all events, including the Gala, Golf Outing, etc., to friend-raise, engage donors and potential donors, and strategically encourage contributions.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The Child Center seeks an entrepreneurial and forward-thinking executive to lead, grow, and drive all fundraising, revenue, and marketing and communications efforts. This innovative sales and fundraiser will be ready to build a diverse portfolio and program through creativity, ambition, and resourcefulness. They will have a business mindset and not be afraid to think outside of the box, develop a plan, and drive the agenda forward. Additionally, the successful candidate will be passionate about the work of The Child Center, strengthening the lives of children, families and communities throughout New York City, with a focus on Queens.
- Significant senior level fundraising, sales or business development experience from a non-profit or corporate environment with demonstrated ability to build a diverse portfolio;
- Successful track record of mobilizing resources with proven ability to personally identify, cultivate and close gifts, partnerships and revenue generating opportunities;
- Ability to engage, manage and motivate a committed, high-caliber Board of Directors as well as strategically grow the Board with an eye on fundraising;
- An understanding of current marketing and communications strategies and tactics with an ability to craft resonant messaging both internally and externally;
- A strong manager able to work collaboratively and set clear goals and objectives with staff and consultants; and
- Familiarity with the New York City philanthropic community.
- Pioneering and tenacious about achieving objectives, utilizing a proactive, entrepreneurial and out-of-the-box mindset to develop and execute a variety of activities;
- Independent, determined, and outspoken with a drive for results and solutions;
- Outstanding and persuasive communication skills with savvy relationship-building abilities and a positive attitude;
- Authentic, creative, and a consensus-builder and team player who values the input of the collective; and
- Passionate about serving vulnerable children and families to build healthy, successful lives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience
The Child Center of NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: email@example.com