Perry Davis Associates, Inc.
Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer
New York, NY
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Perry Davis Associates is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and results-oriented Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer to serve as the lead fundraiser for Israel Healthcare Foundation(IHF), an independent American 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for Clalit Health Services, Israel’s largest health services provider with over 4.7 million members.
The Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer will work in partnership with the Senior Advisors at PDA, Clalit’s Director of resource development and the IHF Board of Directors. PDA has worked with IHF and Clalit for over ten years and has achieved consistent and very substantial funding successes. This position is designed to expand the number of major donors and concomitant revenue for the system. The Gift Officer will be responsible for strategizing, designing, and executing an ambitious fundraising program with a goal of significantly increasing revenue over the next five years.
This is a tremendous opportunity to shape, build and advance the major gifts program for Israel’s leading healthcare system. This includes capital gifts for hospital and community clinic expansion and major equipment acquisition, large medical research projects, and national initiatives led by Clalit such as specialized nurses training program, exchange fellowships with the U.S., etc.
Key responsibilities include:
Major Gift Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship
- Design and implement creative strategies for building individual philanthropic support, including multi-year gift opportunities for a wide range of institutional priorities for Clalit.
- Lead major gift prospect identification, qualification, and rating process. Assess and expand major gift prospect pool.
- Develop and drive effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of new major gift prospects and donors of 5-, 6- and 7- figure grants.
- Implement and maintain a moves management system across donor portfolios.
- Build relationships and coordinate with key stakeholders in Israel to strengthen the partnership and its overall impact.
- Coordinate fundraising visits by senior Clalit hospital CEOs and other senior officials.
Board Relations and Cultivation
- Partner with IHF’s Board of Directors to recruit new board members and continue to foster and drive Board engagement.
- Inspire and support the Board in its fundraising responsibilities.
Communications and Marketing
- Serve as a U.S. spokesperson with a focus on expanding Israel Healthcare Foundation’s fundraising network.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will bring 10+ years of senior leadership and fundraising experience. They will have exceptional major gift fundraising and relationship building skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to use data to set strategic priorities and achieve ambitious goals.
Key experience and personal traits include:
- A proven track record for fundraising, including identifying, soliciting and closing major gifts.
- The experience and sophistication to attract and engage the Board of Directors, high net worth donors, and prospects.
- Strategic, determined and authentic with a relentless pursuit of results and excellence.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills including comfort working locally, nationally, and internationally.
- A go-getter who is self-motivated, energetic, outgoing, and results-oriented with a strong, independent work ethic.
- A well-organized professional with a hands-on approach to administrative functions.
- Knowledgeable about healthcare, hospital fundraising, medical research a plus.
- Familiarity with the New York and other Jewish and pro Israel wealth centers in the US and Canada, and a commitment to and understanding of Israel.
As a person you are:
- A high performing fundraiser — you are a strategic fundraiser who seeks out opportunities to engage donors in significant gifts.
- A driven and results-oriented professional — you are a doer who is motivated and has experience independently setting and achieving ambitious fundraising goals.
- A mission-driven professional — you are passionate about the well-being of Israeli citizens and eager to raise funds to help advance innovations in Israel’s healthcare system.
- Committed to Israel — you are passionate about Israel, understand Israeli culture, believe in connecting philanthropists to Israel and supporting the health and wellbeing of its citizens.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS:
Perry Davis Associates
Located in the heart of New York City, PDA is an international consulting firm, serving nonprofit organizations since 1986. We are proud to support organizations that embody passion, dedication, and integrity. We assist our clients in achieving their fundraising goals, amplifying their outreach potential and growing awareness for their causes. We’ve built hospitals and schools, launched groundbreaking social initiatives, and given voice to artists through 180+ blue-chip clients. We focus on securing major grants, developing effective board leadership, back-office services, fundraising events and producing capital campaigns. Our clients vary in size, sector and location.
Israel Healthcare Foundation and Clalit
The Israel Healthcare Foundation (IHF) is an independent American non-profit organization. It seeks to improve the quality of healthcare for all Israeli citizens. A key focus of IHF is Clalit, Israel’s largest health services provider. IHF has a 9 -member Board of Directors comprised of senior health and Jewish organizational leaders from various parts of the United States.
For 100 years, Clalit has been at the forefront of health innovations and medical care for the people of Israel, with 14 hospitals and over 1600 clinics in its network. Clalit cares for 4.7 million Israeli citizens including 70% of the elderly, over 70% of the Israeli Arab population and most of the Israelis living in the periphery. And, as the second largest employer in Israel, Clalit’s impact on the economy is felt nationally.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Perry Davis Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.