Perry Davis Associates, Inc.
Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer
New York, NY
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Perry Davis Associates (PDA) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and results-oriented Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer to serve as the lead fundraiser for Israel Healthcare Foundation (IHF), an independent American 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for Clalit Health Services, Israel’s largest health services provider with over 4.7 million members.
The Senior Philanthropic Gift Officer (Gift Officer) will work in partnership with the Senior Advisors at PDA, Clalit’s Director of resource development, and the IHF Board of Directors. PDA has worked with IHF and Clalit for over ten years and has achieved consistent and substantial funding successes. This position is designed to expand the number of individual and major donors and drive annual revenue for the system. The Gift Officer will be responsible for strategizing, designing, and executing an ambitious fundraising program with a goal of significantly increasing revenue over the next five years.
This is a tremendous opportunity to shape, build and advance the major gifts program for Israel’s leading healthcare system. Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement strategies for building annual individual philanthropic support.
- Lead major gift prospect identification, qualification, and rating process. Assess and expand major gift prospect pool.
- Develop and drive effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of new major gift prospects and donors of 5- and 6-figure grants.
- Coordinate fundraising visits by senior Clalit hospital CEOs and other senior officials.
- Partner with IHF’s Board of Directors to recruit new board members and continue to foster and drive Board engagement.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will bring 10+ years of fundraising experience. They will have exceptional individual and major gift fundraising and relationship building skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to use data to set strategic priorities and achieve ambitious goals.
Key experience and personal traits include:
- A proven track record for fundraising, including identifying, soliciting, and closing major gifts from warm and cold leads.
- Tangible experience of expanding and cultivating donor relationships, particularly securing new donors and gifts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Skilled in producing marketing materials with a history of demonstrated effectiveness.
- Demonstrated history of success fostering meaningful connections with prospective and current donors, local community leaders, and program collaborators.
- Exemplary project management skills; team management a plus.
- A go-getter who is self-motivated, energetic, outgoing, and results-oriented with a strong, independent work ethic.
- A well-organized professional with a hands-on approach to administrative functions.
As a person you are:
- A high performing fundraiser — you are a strategic fundraiser who seeks out opportunities to engage donors in significant gifts.
- A driven and results-oriented professional — you are a doer who is motivated with a relentless pursuit of results and excellence.
- A mission-driven professional — you are passionate about the well-being of Israeli citizens and eager to raise funds to help advance innovations in Israel’s healthcare system.
- Committed to Israel — you are passionate about Israel, understand Israeli culture, believe in connecting philanthropists to Israel and supporting the health and wellbeing of its citizens.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
TRAVEL: A commitment to regular travel nationally and perhaps occasionally to Israel.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $160,000-$200,000 commensurate with experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Hybrid; New York Metro Area preferred
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence using this link: PDA Application
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS:
Perry Davis Associates
Located in the heart of New York City, PDA is an international consulting firm, serving nonprofit organizations since 1986. PDA assists clients in achieving their fundraising goals, amplifying their outreach potential and growing awareness for their causes. PDA focuses on securing major grants, developing effective board leadership, back-office services, fundraising events and producing capital campaigns. Our clients vary in size, sector and location.
Israel Healthcare Foundation and Clalit
The Israel Healthcare Foundation (IHF) is an independent American non-profit organization. It seeks to improve the quality of healthcare for all Israeli citizens. A key focus of IHF is Clalit, Israel’s largest health services provider. IHF has a 9 -member Board of Directors comprised of senior health and Jewish organizational leaders from various parts of the United States.
For 100 years, Clalit has been at the forefront of health innovations and medical care for the people of Israel, with 14 hospitals and over 1600 clinics in its network. Clalit cares for 4.7 million Israeli citizens including 70% of the elderly, over 70% of the Israeli Arab population and most of the Israelis living in the periphery. And, as the second largest employer in Israel, Clalit’s impact on the economy is felt nationally.
Perry Davis Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.