Peterson Center on Healthcare
Associate, Healthcare Data and Markets
New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Peterson Center on Healthcare (“the Center”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research. Learn more here.
A specific grant-making portfolio within the Center is Healthcare Data and Markets. This portfolio helps enable infrastructure, research, and cross-industry partnerships that provide transparency and evidence on healthcare costs and quality. By equipping purchasers, providers, and policymakers with meaningful information, this portfolio seeks to make America’s health system high-performing and sustainable.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Associate, Healthcare Data and Markets (“Associate”) will support the Center’s strategies through the development and management of multiple grants, partnerships, and other emerging opportunities. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Healthcare Data and Markets, the Associate will work on project management, healthcare policy, research, and philanthropic investment by assisting with the grant lifecycle from ideation and approval to evaluation and dissemination. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop management and reporting processes to track status of grant deliverables, performance measures, budgets, and modification requests.
- Maintain up-to-date project management resources that facilitate effective cross-team collaboration, such as requirement trackers, SharePoint directories, and other collaboration tools.
- Regularly update Senior Manager on status of grants, including on potential grant issues and project efficiencies.
- Manage and contribute to the review and quality control of grant materials and outputs (including Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker analyses), closely coordinating and collaborating with internal, external, and communications staff.
- Communicate with select external partners such as grantees from the portfolio.
- Provide operational and logistical support by coordinating meetings, reviewing reports, taking notes, and synthesizing takeaways for senior staff.
Research and Synthesis
- Support management of requests for proposal (RFPs) and research contracts to inform design, implementation, evaluation, and strategic direction of the portfolio.
- Conduct environmental scans of new developments, trends and perspectives related to portfolio strategy and individual investments.
- Carry out due diligence research on potential grantees and partners.
- Attend conferences and events to gather key insights from thought leaders on relevant topics.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The Associate will be intellectually curious, analytical, detail oriented, and a project manager. They should be able to set and communicate priorities while nimbly reacting to fast-moving opportunities. More specifically, the ideal candidate will bring:
- Demonstrated project coordination and management skills.
- Excellent time management ability with proven experience in prioritizing, multi-tasking and delivering as well as managing delivery of high-quality work products.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to support quality control of grant deliverables.
- Advanced technical knowledge of MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional, poised, and collaborative with the ability to manage external and internal relationships using a customer service perspective.
- Attention to detail, willingness to be hands-on, flexibility, and an ability to work independently.
- Excellent judgment; adept at exercising discretion and tact in complex, confidential situations.
- Ability to understand and interrogate budgets and financial reporting as well as interest and experience in data analytics.
- Skilled in research with the ability to synthesize information.
- A minimum of two years of experience in healthcare with a preference towards management consulting, policy, think tanks, payers, philanthropy, or related experience.
- Understanding of and interest in healthcare data.
- Experience in healthcare policy or financial analysis a plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health care administration, public health, public policy, or related field a plus.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: PCH@sandlersearch.org