National Campaign Director
New York City or Washington D.C.
The National Campaign Director will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Board of Directors.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
In January 2019, the America-Israel Friendship League (AIFL) announced its new slate of lay and professional leadership with Eric J. Gertler as the new Chairman and Jonathan Barsade as President of the Board of Directors. Veteran communal leader Wayne L. Firestone also simultaneously took the helm as the new Executive Director. The Board is now poised to act quickly and aggressively to move the organization into its next phase of growth and impact.
AIFL will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2021, and is taking steps to deliver on the goal of transitioning AIFL from an organization that focused on mission groups to one where the goal is to become a centralized hub of diverse activities and networking for the dissemination of information about Israel, focusing upon technical and social innovations that originate from Israel and which impact the world we live in, an organization where mission groups is just one of many types of activities engaged in. AIFL firmly believes that familiarity with Israel, what it stands for, and how it contributes to the world at large, will go a long way to identifying the common bonds between the people of the U.S. and those of Israel, bonds which are essential in creating long lasting ties of friendship.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
In partnership with the Executive Director and President of the Board, the National Campaign Director will build a comprehensive fundraising program to support the growth of AIFL. The newly created position will serve as the lead fundraiser of the organization. He/she will be responsible for strategizing, designing, and executing an ambitious development program with a goal of significantly increasing fundraising over the next few years.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Design and implement AIFL’s comprehensive annual fundraising plan and mobilize revenue streams including individuals, foundations, events, alumni and members;
• Actively identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors;
• Partner with the Executive Director and President to continue to develop the Board of Directors through identifying new members and forming a fundraising committee;
• Oversee the annual gala in New York City and other donor-related strategic dinners, events and partnerships; and
• Create and lead a professionalized fundraising structure, processes and procedures including original research, database, stewardship plan, proposals, and grant writing.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, energetic, accomplished fundraiser who is business savvy, creative, and has a drive for excellence, growth, and results. Key attributes include:
• Passionate about Israel and energized by AIFL’s mission;
• At least ten years of fundraising experience, with a track record of success in growing financial resource development and fundraising;
• Strong understanding of fundraising models and personal experience with donor research, identification, solicitation, and conceptualizing and executing high-level cultivation events;
• Thrive working in a fluid, fast-paced, start-up environment, taking risks and experimenting;
• A go-getter, self-motivated, energetic, outgoing and results-oriented with a strong, independent work ethic;
• An entrepreneurial spirit, forward thinking and embraces innovation and new technology;
• Effective communicator and relationship builder who is articulate and persuasive both verbally and in writing, including grant writing;
• Sophistication to manage, engage, and recruit an engaged Board of Directors; and
• Energized by the idea of helping AIFL fulfill its mission and revitalizing a historic organization.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
TRAVEL & OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: Travel is expected, approximately 10-20%. The ability to work with people in a remote environment, and savvy with “virtual” communication essential. Select remote work option will also be considered.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The America-Israel Friendship League is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
CONTACT: Please email letter of interest and resume or nominations in confidence to: AIFL@sandlersearch.org