Member, Board of Directors
The National Jazz Museum in Harlem
New York, NY
The National Jazz Museum in Harlem (“NJMH”), a Smithsonian Affiliate, is a thriving center for jazz that stimulates hearts and minds and reaches out to diverse audiences to enjoy this quintessential American music. NJMH is committed to keeping jazz present and exciting in the lives of a broad range of audiences: young and old, novice and scholar, artist and patron, enthusiast and curious listener. Each year, the Museum reaches hundreds of professional jazz artists and nearly 20,000 people around the world through live performances, exhibitions, and educational programs.
The Board supports the work of NJMH and provides leadership and strategic governance based on mission-directed goals. Board Member duties and responsibilities include:
• Understand and demonstrate a commitment to NJMH’s mission, programs and needs.
• Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for NJMH and work to identify and secure financial resources and relationships to help advance the organization’s mission
• Fiduciary oversight of NJMH and its fundraising efforts.
• Prepare for, attend and conscientiously participate in all Board meetings; serve and fully participate on one or more committees.
• Support and attend fundraising and other events.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The NJMH is seeking talented, philanthropic and motivated individuals to join its dynamic and dedicated Board. The successful individual is expected to:
• Be passionate about and believe in NJMH’s mission and vision.
• Consider NJMH a philanthropic priority.
• Give an annual meaningful personal donation.
• Bring their talents, skills, contacts, knowledge and enthusiasm to the work of the Board.
• Be an accomplished leader in business, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector.
• Have unyielding ethics, integrity and honesty.
Interested in learning more? Please send your inquiries and recommendations to:
Josie Sandler, Sandler Search: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Cooper, Sandler Search: email@example.com