Peter G. Peterson Foundation
Manager, Digital Content
New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation (“Peterson Foundation”) is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America’s long-term fiscal and economic challenges. The Foundation partners with leading decision-makers in government, policy, academia, media, business and issue/constituent groups to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal and economic path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives. Learn more at pgpf.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Tackling complex fiscal issues and fostering meaningful action requires developing a broad reach with a high impact public profile. To be successful, the Foundation must leverage sophisticated communications strategies geared toward public policy “influentials” and the American public at large.
The Peterson Foundation is seeking a Manager, Digital Content to assist in creating and implementing its social media strategy and driving its educational narrative. Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications, the Manager, Digital Content will handle the day-to-day management of the Foundation’s social portfolio, develop content strategies, traffic content through the editorial process, develop ideas for new content, and provide SEO guidance for the in-house team.
The Manager, Digital Content will manage the content process from ideation through production, partnering with members of the Communications and Research teams to ensure creative, innovative, timely and targeted content for its core audiences. This position will develop and execute smart and creative content marketing strategies to serve and grow the digital audience. This person will look for opportunities in the news cycle to promote content that provides both the elite and broader audience with context and clarity to understand complex policy debates.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and grow the Foundation’s narrative and educational storytelling through content strategies, new innovative content ideas, and editorial calendars in partnership with key members of the Communications and Research team
- Create and execute new content planning and marketing strategies
- Traffic digital content through the revision and editorial process including shaping ideas for other team members to align with overall content marketing strategy
- Write social media copy for all in-house content and assist in copyediting other content with a focus on SEO and optimizing social sharing
- Maintain the schedule for the Foundation’s various social media accounts, keeping a consistent flow of perennial content and highlighting related content as it trends
- Assist the Associate Director, Communications with the creation and maintenance of paid social campaigns
- Aggregate content from appropriate external sources, including content from trusted peer sites like leading policy and research organizations
- Review daily coverage of fiscal and economic news from leading news sources and leverage when appropriate
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer with a track record producing online content and organizational social media accounts. The Manager will be interested in learning about economic, public, and fiscal policy and bring a passion for news, advocacy, and reporting.
You should have/bring:
- At least 3-7 years of editorial or social media work experience including developing content strategies with creative marketing and/or advocacy campaigns
- Experience may have been gained in the public and private sectors, including foundations, nonprofits, think tanks, news agencies or publications
- Experience with a broad array of digital communications styles, formats, and distribution channels including marketing content on Facebook and Twitter
- Interest in public policy and a basic understanding of economics
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; ability to write compelling, clickable headlines, descriptions, and other micro copy
- Solid understanding of SEO and how content can capture search traffic
- Basic experience with Adobe Photoshop (i.e., ability to crop and resize photos)
- Basic HTML skills
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and demands with short lead-times
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working with both technical and non-technical people and negotiating sensitive issues
- A problem solver with a sense of intellectual curiosity, patience, creativity, and exceptional attention to detail, and receptivity to feedback.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for degrees in journalism, economics, public policy or related field.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: PGPF@sandlersearch.org