Girls Who Invest
Head of Partnerships
New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Girls Who Invest (GWI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing gender diversity and inclusion in investment management with a focus on growing the pipeline of women in frontline investing positions. The organization accomplishes this through education, mentoring, internships, and a supportive community. Its flagship summer program enables college sophomores to explore investment management careers through four weeks of free educational training with top university professors, followed by a six week paid internship at one of more than 100 leading investment management firms in the U.S., U.K., and Canada. Scholars unable to commit 10 weeks to the program can apply for GWI’s four month, fully subsidized, self-directed Online Intensive Program. In addition, all scholars receive support and career guidance from a community of partners, mentors, and alumni. GWI’s vision is for 30% of the world’s investable capital to be managed by women by 2030. Read more and see GWI in action at www.girlswhoinvest.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
GWI is seeking a Head of Partnerships to lead, manage, and continue to grow a robust and significant partnership and fundraising program. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Partnerships will drive ongoing and multi-year strategies to engage, support, and build successful relationships with GWI’s portfolio of over 100 asset management firms.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic leadership by assessing, overseeing, and expanding the partnership and fundraising portfolio to maximize value for partners and positive outcomes for GWI, its scholars, and alumni.
- Create a high-impact, comprehensive partnership engagement program, providing increased interactive programming, initiatives, and opportunities throughout the year alongside the Program and Career Development teams; build the strategy and infrastructure to execute.
- Build and manage partner relationships through cultivation, solicitation, and finalization with the highest level of personal support and a deep understanding of each partner’s needs and culture.
- Guide and drive fundraisers, recognition opportunities, and partner engagement at GWI events.
- Develop, launch, and manage a partner communications strategy to ensure partners fully realize and adopt the full range of GWI’s offerings.
- Collaborate with the Admissions, Career Development, and Program teams on the strategic placing of GWI interns, hiring of alumni, placing partner speakers in the programs, and more.
- Develop partnership measurement and assessment metrics and translate CRM data into thoughtful reporting for the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, CEO, partner firms, and others.
- Oversee all partner-related activity such as fielding incoming inquiries, identifying new potential partners, pitching and selling interested firms, and driving the quarterly update.
- Supervise the Partner Relations Associate.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The Head of Partnerships will be a charismatic and strategic leader and partner with deep knowledge of the asset management industry, its firms, and their nuances. They will understand the various best practices in partnership development and fundraising while still maintaining energy, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit for new collaborations and strategies.
A strong candidate would bring/be:
- 15+ years of experience in asset management, investor relations, client management, corporate/institutional partnerships or fundraising, or related experience.
- Successful track record of securing major partnerships including raising funding and building lasting, engaging relationships.
- An effective communicator; dynamic and persuasive both verbally and in writing, including corporate presentations.
- Keen understanding of the asset management community including the specific needs and individual culture of firms.
- A data-driven approach with demonstrated experience using CRMs, data and analytics to set achievable targets, deliver results and improve upon a program.
- Insightful and thoughtful with the emotional intelligence to understand how to best match partner needs with GWI, its scholars, and alumni for the optimal return on investment.
- A proven manager and team player who is collaborative, inclusive, highly organized, incredibly responsive, and willing to jump in where necessary.
- Ability to distill and communicate industry trends and feedback from partners to internal stakeholders to inform programming and strategy in other areas.
- A strong partner not only externally but internally, able to work across and with other teams to develop solutions, build consensus, and best advance GWI’s mission.
- Passionate about training a future generation of women in the asset management industry.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or MPA preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: email@example.com
Girls Who Invest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.