Foundation for Advancing Pediatric Orthopaedics
About the Foundation
The Foundation for Advancing Pediatric Orthopaedics (“Foundation“) mission is to enhance the knowledge and experience, through education and research, of surgical trainees, practicing surgeons, physicians and allied health professionals who are involved in treating children with orthopaedic disorders and injuries.
The Foundation’s vision is to be a world leader in providing, supporting, and advancing pediatric orthopaedic education, research and, ultimately care.
About the Opportunity
The Foundation is seeking an inaugural Executive Director who will take an entrepreneurial approach to reimagining fundraising and programmatic efforts, resulting in the Foundation having a global impact on pediatric orthopaedics.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be the lead professional and fundraiser for the Foundation, responsible for overseeing and driving the strategic plan, fundraising, programming, marketing, community outreach, and administration.
Key responsibilities include:
Setting Strategic Vision and Collaborating with the Board of Directors
• Provide the leadership and vision necessary for the Foundation to achieve its mission, grow income, expand programs, and continue to improve operational efficiency.
• Work closely with and develop the Board of Directors to create and implement an ambitious and comprehensive development strategy in conjunction with a new strategic plan.
• Drive frequent, open, and transparent communication with the Board, empowering them to contribute to the overall health and impact of the organization.
Accelerating Fundraising and Building Partnerships
• Grow fundraising efforts and overall dollars by directing development efforts, setting, and achieving financial goals, and personally soliciting gifts.
• Serve as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents and continue to build and maintain relationships with various partner organizations.
• Oversee marketing and other communication efforts, including ongoing rebranding efforts, website redesign, and social media.
Driving Fiscal and Operational Excellence
• Provide fiscally sound management and fiduciary oversight for long-term financial viability including prudently managing resources and budgets.
• Offer thought leadership and guidance throughout the program planning, development, and implementation process.
• Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit, including overseeing the BroadWater staff.
About the Executive Director:
The inaugural Executive Director will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial leader with five or more years senior nonprofit development experience and a proven fundraising track record of increasing revenue streams.
They will have demonstrated success with strategic planning, organizational management, and program development from the public, private, corporate, and/or nonprofit sector.
The successful candidate will have broad business/nonprofit management experience and financial acumen.
As a person, you are:
• A mission-driven advocate for pediatric orthopaedics – you are a humanitarian who is committed to helping children and eager to amplify the Foundation’s global impact.
• A people person, but results-oriented leader – you are a big-picture thinker and planner who is a connector and a fundraiser at heart.
• An energetic and adaptive go-getter – you have a strong general business sense and ability to leverage new technology and systems.
• An articulate and persuasive communicator and spokesperson – you are able to convey the organization’s strategic future to a range of audiences.
• A sound decision-maker and team player – you have impeccable integrity and believe in honesty and transparency with your team, your Board, and your stakeholders.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email letter of interest and resume or nominations in confidence to: Foundation@sandlersearch.org