Central Florida Hillel
Director of Development
Greater Orlando, Florida, or South Florida
HILLEL AT A GLANCE:
For nearly a century, Hillel’s network of dedicated student leaders, professionals and volunteers have encouraged generations of young adults to celebrate Jewish learning and living, pursue social justice (tikkun olam and tzedek) and connect to their peers and the global Jewish people. By participating in life-changing trips and campus initiatives, students learn to make a meaningful impact on the future of the Jewish people and the world while they grow intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
The Central Florida Hillel is one of the nation’s largest Jewish Student populations. With over 6,000 Jewish students attending UCF, the opportunities are limitless.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Director of Development will create and implement the development strategy and fundraising campaign of the Central Florida Hillel in partnership with the Executive Director, Development Manager and Board of Directors. This includes in person solicitations, communications to alumni and parents, stewardship, events, and direct mail campaigns, with an emphasis on major gifts, expanding the geographic giving footprint in South Florida, and enhancing donor relationships. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Development is responsible for achieving organizational revenue goals jointly established by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with leadership to develop, implement, manage, and achieve short and long-term giving goals and strategies to drive the mission forward.
- Perform prospect research and cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
- Work with the Executive Director and lay leaders to prepare, research and solicit their own portfolio of major gifts.
- Manage the annual cycle of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Create a comprehensive annual campaign including cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation through in-person meetings, direct mail, and internet communications.
- Staff the Board of Director’s Development Committee.
- Oversee the implementation of an endowment/planned giving campaign in partnership with the Executive Director, and volunteer leadership.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide growth opportunities to the Development Manager.
- Develop and promote a culture of philanthropy throughout Hillel, including creative implementation, teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team along with the ED, AD of Operations and AD of Student Engagement.
- Build and oversee Student Development team.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be a sophisticated fundraiser and team player, with deep knowledge of individual giving best practices and portfolio management. They will be excited to lead, build and drive a multi-faceted fundraising program for a vibrant, engaged Hillel organization.
Key Professional Experiences and Personal Attributes include:
- Minimum prior professional experience of 7 years in a nonprofit organization in a development function or comparable.
- Demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser executing donor strategies and soliciting major gifts ($10,000+).
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, with the capacity to set goals, manage priorities, and use time and resources effectively.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with demonstrated success partnering with lay leaders.
- Proven ability to execute annual fundraising campaigns, including cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation through in-person, print, and online channels.
- High energy and passion for Hillel and its mission is essential.
- Knowledgeable about the Central Florida philanthropic community and/or university-based philanthropy a plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required
TRAVEL: Approximately 10% -15%
- Competitive salary with a range of $130,000- $145,000 based on experience.
- Generous vacation time/sick time, flexible work hours, parental leave, and a benefits package, that includes health, dental and vision insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement match after a period of vesting.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to: email@example.com