ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
DOROT is an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of older adults and address the challenges of an aging society. DOROT brings the generations together in mutually beneficial partnerships, engaging over 6,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming.
DOROT provides a dynamic partnership of older adults, volunteers and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Their wide array of programs – conducted onsite, in the home, by Zoom and phone, and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
DOROT’s client’s range in age from 60 to over 100, vary in physical mobility and economic status, and come from diverse backgrounds. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community and offers a lifeline of support to older adults in Manhattan and Westchester and beyond.
DOROT is headquartered on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and the team works on a hybrid schedule. The Director of Development will be expected to be in the office four days a week and as needed.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
DOROT is seeking a motivated, collaborative and experienced Director of Development who is passionate about the mission of DOROT. The Director will play a key role in leading DOROT’s fundraising efforts as the organization continues to grow.
- Oversee and execute DOROT’s annual fundraising campaign and DOROT’s cultivation & fundraising events, including the Annual Spring Benefit.
- Engage appropriate constituencies, including Board Members, to increase the number of donors, deepen donor engagement, and increase revenue
- Oversee DOROT’s Direct Mail and digital fundraising initiatives.
- Examine, interpret and apply insights from analytics related to fundraising.
- Inform and execute strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Foundations & Corporate Giving, Director of Marketing & Communications, and the Regional Director of DOROT Westchester.
- Manage the Development Department budget and supervise the Senior Development Associate.
- Execute additional projects as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- 7+ years of successful experience in the field of fundraising and development, with knowledge of major gift programs and donor management systems.
- 3+ in a managerial role demonstrating experience with budget management and employee supervision.
- Experience with online/virtual campaigns, direct mail and event planning.
- Possess a deep understanding of campaign analytics and experience using insights derived from data to enhance fundraising strategies.
- Familiarity with Planned Giving.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently in a face-paced, complex environment while handling multiple tasks and competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of the New York Jewish philanthropic community is essential.
- Familiarity with the field of aging, social isolation, volunteerism and/or intergenerational programming is a plus.
WORKING AT DOROT:
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will have:
- The ability to make an DOROT is a mission-driven organization filled with passionate people focused on having a positive impact on the lives of our clients.
- Generous time DOROT offers a generous vacation policy as well as 10 paid Federal holidays and up to as many as 13 paid Jewish holidays.
- Access to health Medical, vision, dental, disability, life insurance, and more. We offer a choice of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of.
- Support to plan for your We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
COMPENSATION: The Director of Development role is a full-time exempt position with a competitive salary of $125,000 – $165,000 commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume in confidence here.
Please submit nominations in confidence to: email@example.com
It is the policy of DOROT, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religious creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status. DOROT is not in a position to sponsor work visas for those not already legally authorized to work in the USA.