Chief Program Officer
New York, NY
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will oversee the strategic development and management of all current and future programs of Educational Alliance (EA), including the Manny Cantor Center, Center for Recovery and Wellness, Community Schools and Youth Development programs. The CPO ensures that the agency provides effective and efficient services that meet or exceed all performance targets; manages the overall fiscal and operational success of programs; hires, mentors, promotes, and retains high-quality staff; collaborates with local partners to design and adapt programs in response to community needs; and uses a values-driven approach to create inclusive and equitable experiences for all community members.
Executive Leadership and Strategic Initiatives
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Executive Team, advising the CEO on strategic decisions and day-to-day operations.
- Build on successful strategies, initiatives, and programs to allow the organization to scale over the next several years.
- Oversee ongoing analysis and evaluation of program data to assess program effectiveness, improve performance, and drive future programing.
Program Management and Excellence
- Provide leadership, program oversight, strategic advice, and operational assistance at the Community Centers.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to Center Directors in identifying and addressing service gaps and opportunities in each Center’s community and ensure timely and thorough support.
- Collaborate with Center Directors to ensure long-term, diverse, and sustainable funding streams.
- Lead nuanced programmatic development and implementation for the organization applying a race, equity, diversity, and inclusion lens throughout.
- Supervise all program directors, working closely to strengthen programming, measure performance, and improve quality of services in all facets of agency operations.
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational goals, metrics, accountability, and driving a positive, productive, and inclusive agency culture.
Community Engagement & Partnerships
- Work externally with community groups, local leaders, and government agencies to advocate for and advance EA’s priorities.
- Collaborate with Board members and Board committees regularly on relevant initiatives.
- Create opportunities to forge strategic partnerships with outside providers, funders, and partner agencies.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be forward-thinking, people-focused, and strategic about program management, community building, team development, and urban engagement.
Key experience includes:
- 15+ years of senior leadership and programmatic excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse programs, mobilize resources, and drive community building.
- Proven track record of success in designing, implementing, and refining large-scale, complex programs.
- Experience connecting with and supporting a wide range of stakeholders, including staff, Board members, and community members.
- Familiarity with New York City nonprofit, government, and philanthropic landscape.
As a person you are:
- A compassionate and results-oriented manager — you are a strong, capable, inclusive, and transformative manager and leader able to build, motivate, develop, and inspire a team to outcomes.
- A collaborative team leader and player — you are eager to support your colleagues across all levels of the organization and offer your expertise and insights to achieve shared goals.
- A mission and values driven individual — you believe in the power of community to transform lives and are committed to creating inclusive and empowering spaces for all.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Educational Alliance aims to promote a vibrant and democratic society where all people have the community support they need to thrive. For 130 years, New York’s most diverse network of community centers has expertly served the evolving needs of Lower Manhattan, offering access to quality education, health and wellness services, arts and culture, and civic engagement opportunities.
The organization is proud of its legacy as a Jewish organization and its ability to provide enriching and transformational services to all New Yorkers. Educational Alliance is also committed to a bold vision for the future, piloting innovative and inclusive programs that serve as models for other organizations and communities to adopt and implement.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $210,000 – $225,000. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to EdAlliance@sandlersearch.org
Educational Alliance is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Educational Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.