ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Guided by the belief that good nights are good days, Pajama Program promotes and supports comforting bedtime routines and healthy sleep for all children. With a focus on reaching children exposed to adversity in every state and Puerto Rico, Pajama Program distributes new pajamas and books through over 4,000 community partners, including shelters, foster-care agencies, Head Start, and Title I schools. Pajama Program also provides sleep health education programs to children, caregivers, and teachers; and invites children to visit their Centers (virtually and, when possible, in person) in New York City and Atlanta.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Chief Program Officer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and sustaining high-quality programs. The Chief Program Officer is a member of Pajama Program’s leadership team. This position reports to the Executive Director and oversees program directors and staff in distribution logistics, volunteer management, and program development, implementation, and scaling.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure familiarity with Pajama Program’s program priorities, successes, challenges, and needs; prepare reports and present program information, research, and evaluation findings to the board; assist the Executive Director with preparing board meeting agendas and materials.
- Represent Pajama Program’s mission and programs to internal and external stakeholders; build strategic partnerships and apply insights gained from stakeholders to inform programs; attend and present at professional conferences to position Pajama Program as a thought leader.
- Provide leadership, management supervision, and operational guidance to program staff; create a collaborative working environment that supports staff in achieving goals; hire and maintain staff necessary to carry out program plans.
- Work with the Development team to prepare grant proposals and meet reporting requirements.
Program Strategy & Evaluation:
- Develop, implement, scale, and sustain effective program approaches, explore/develop new program initiatives, and create long-range plans for sleep health education, distribution logistics, and locally based programs.
- Establish and implement program accountability metrics, KPI’s, evaluations, budgets, and comprehensive work plans for each program using best business practices.
- Integrate internal assessment into program practice; design and oversee qualitative and quantitative data collection using appropriate methods, communicating the results in accessible, lay terms. Design and oversee qualitative and quantitative data collection using appropriate methods.
Outreach and Communication:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to ensure a positive work environment that: meets organizational goals; maintains a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion; and emphasizes high-quality work.
- Coordinate and lead the work of the Good Night Advisory Council of sleep and community experts; recruit new members as needed; convene members to explore and conduct collaborative research on existing and promising programs.
- Build strategic partnerships with individuals and organizations and attend and present at professional conferences to position Pajama Program as a thought leader.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The Chief Program Officer is a critical thinker with strong program, policy, and analytic skills who will be responsible for overseeing ongoing and expanded programs. This person provides thought leadership within and beyond the organization, is comfortable working with experts in sleep medicine, community-based programs, intervention implementation and design, research, and evaluation, and understands evidence-based practice and program excellence. Additionally, the Chief Program Officer will bring:
- Ten years’ equivalent leadership experience, with five or more years of experience developing programs in a nonprofit or academic setting.
- Expertise in child development, including psychosocial well-being among children and families exposed to adversity, along with experience in program development, implementation, and scaling are essential to success.
- Advanced proficiency in database functionality.
- Capacity to think strategically and lead with good instincts, sound judgment, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Being part of the executive team, and inspiring trust and respect among stakeholders are key.
Strategic and Operational Expertise
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities.
- Data-driven approach to working with the staff, executive team, and Board.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, make decisions, implement changes quickly and soundly, and develop scaling plans to achieve national program expansion.
- Deep personal commitment to the mission and vision of Pajama Program. Training in and understanding of psychosocial well-being among children and families exposed to adversity are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience fostering a spirit of collaboration and team building with staff, and capacity to address challenges with flexibility and creativity.
- Passion for working with children of various age ranges.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree or ten years’ equivalent leadership experience
COMPENSATION: $120,000 – $150,000 Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence using this link: Click Here
Pajama Program is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Pajama Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disability Act.