LSA Family Health Service
Chief Executive Officer
New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
LSA Family Health Service, founded by the Little Sisters of the Assumption, strengthens and empowers vulnerable families and children by meeting their basic needs for food, healthcare, education, and a safe home, in the belief that affirming families in their own dignity improves the entire community. Today, LSA proudly honors its mission, roots, and founders’ choice to value and respect diversity and the differences between us – including race, gender, religion, income, lifestyle, or nation of origin. To learn more about LSA’s work please visit the website and watch this video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for driving the overall vision, leadership, and management of an organization with a $5M operating budget and a staff of 50. Working with the Board of Directors and leadership teams, the CEO will:
- Develop and execute the strategic direction and plan for the organization.
- Lead a transparent, open organizational culture that promotes dynamic collaboration and inclusive decision-making among staff.
- Ensure current program excellence including strengthening systems and processes.
- Deepen connections with the community, donors, and the broader public.
The CEO also manages and engages the Board, oversees facilities, and inspires, supports, and partners with the senior teams leading the group of programs, services, and administrative functions. This is an exciting opportunity to amplify the voices, strength, resilience, and influence of the people in East Harlem, collaborate with an exceptional team, and build upon success and LSA’s commitment to helping those who are most in need.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Develop and implement an organizational vision and long-term strategy with Board of Directors.
- Work to advance the organization’s value of the uniqueness and dignity of each person, the power of relationships and the richness of diversity across staff and the Board.
- Serve as a visible advocate and thought leader for the community of East Harlem.
Team Management and Programmatic Excellence
- Lead, manage, mentor, and inspire a team of 50+ committed professionals.
- Build an increased level of partnership and integration between the programs and administrative teams, fostering collaboration, innovation, and respect.
- Ensure organizational, program, and service delivery excellence while also implementing new efforts to improve effectiveness and drive creativity.
Fundraising and Financial Management
- Manage and grow a comprehensive and strategic fundraising plan of $5 million annually.
- Actively participate in fundraising and other cultivation activities.
- Provide fiscally sound management and fiduciary oversight including prudently managing resources and budgets.
Board and Community Engagement
- Engage and collaborate with the Board of Directors in all aspects of governance, planning, and partnerships.
- Serve in ongoing community engagement and community planning.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The ideal CEO will be a proven leader with the ability to inspire, innovate, and adapt; driven by a demonstrated passion for the work LSA does. As an empathetic, effective community advocate, the CEO will connect with and support a wide range of stakeholders including staff, Board members and the community LSA serves. The successful candidate will also be adept at managing people, programs, services, and budgets as well as building community partnerships.
Key Professional Experience and Personal Attributes Include:
- Significant senior leadership and management of a complex, multi-faceted organization; nonprofit experience preferred.
- Success strengthening integration and collaboration between internal teams.
- Enthusiasm for leading significant fundraising, including actively engaging in cultivation activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and growing direct reports and other colleagues through excellent people management.
- Program leadership experience serving a diverse population in an urban setting.
- Financial and operational competencies, including budget management.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills with self-awareness and the ability to lead with humility.
- Fiercely committed to serving those most in need and the community in which they live.
LANGUAGE: Conversational Spanish.
COMPENSATION: Salary range will be $165,000 – $205,000. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume or nominations in confidence to:
Josie Sandler & Grant Sarver – LSA@sandlersearch.org
LSA provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage candidates from the local East Harlem Community to consider applying for this employment opportunity.