Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT)
Chief Development Officer (CDO)
They will report directly to the CEO, Cathy Cramer, and will work closely with her and the Board of Directors. They will manage a team of two.
LIFT’s mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. LIFT operates innovative, award-winning programs in the Family Courts and in the community, all of which share the goal of promoting positive outcomes for families and children. LIFT’s programs and services emphasize a holistic approach to helping families as they tackle legal issues in Family Court and plan for a positive future for themselves and their children. This is a pivotal time for LIFT as they rebrand and reintroduce the organization to a much larger audience.
LIFT is led by Cathy Cramer, a dynamic inspirational leader whose passion for supporting underserved New York City communities and promoting social justice is unparalleled. Cathy’s background in the law, nonprofit organizations and public sector informs her ability to be an exceptional CEO, visionary and advocate for the clients LIFT serves.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Serving as the lead professional fundraiser, the CDO will be responsible for strategizing, designing, and executing an ambitious development program with a goal of significantly increasing and diversifying fundraising revenue over the next few years.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy in conjunction with a new strategic plan and rebranding;
- Personally identify, cultivate, and solicit major individual, foundation and corporate gifts;
- Lead and manage Board relations, engagement, fundraising and stewardship activities, staff Board Committees and set agendas;
- Oversee government and foundation grants;
- Manage and maximize special events, galas and other donor cultivation activities;
- Help drive a new but very strong pro bono program with an opportunity to expand corporate giving;
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of the development department, data management, and liaise with other departments on key projects; and
- Inspire a dynamic yet innovative culture for overall fundraising and philanthropic initiatives.
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, accomplished fundraiser who has a drive for excellence, growth, and results. Key requirements:
- Significant fundraising and communications experience of at least 5 – 7 years including across individual, institutional and corporate giving;
- A proven track record of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills;
- Extraordinary board relations, management and governance skills;
- Strategic communicator, top-notch relationship and partnership builder with exceptional interpersonal skills, warmth and kindness;
- Strategic, determined and authentic with a relentless pursuit of results and excellence;
- Thrives in a collaborative, hands-on, small office environment;
- A demonstrated belief in the importance of collaboration, teamwork and a positive and strong organizational culture;
- Poised and sophisticated with an executive presence, gravitas and personal style to represent the organization and inspire multiple constituents;
- Familiarity with fundraising software and other data management systems;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Familiarity with the New York City philanthropic community and beyond; and
- Passionate commitment to social justice and the mission and future of LIFT.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email letter of interest and resume or nominations in confidence to: LIFT@sandlersearch.org