The Amant Foundation (“Amant”) is a private family foundation that will provide studios to artists in a residency program, spaces for exhibitions and performances, and run a chef residency program. The campus consists of four buildings and a large land parcel in East Williamsburg containing approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of newly constructed buildings by architects SO-IL, and a 13,000 sq. ft. lot being designed as an urban garden event space. The grand opening is scheduled for fall 2020.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new position who will work closely with the CEO and Founder of Amant to ensure this emerging art campus reaches its large-scale goals. Currently with a team of two, the COO directly reports to the CEO and Founder and is the leading member in the organization’s management team.
At a high level, the COO will be responsible for the following objectives:
- translating high-level strategy from the CEO into execution;
- creating, implementing and methodically improving internal systems, policies and procedures; and
- building out and running the day-to-day operations of Amant.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
Operations and Organization Launch
- In close partnership with the CEO and Founder, develop and implement Amant’s launch and growth plans from a finance, systems, operations and people perspective.
- Build, monitor and manage high performing teams of professionals within curatorial, café and restaurant, events, operations, finance and building maintenance.
- Develop the systems and structure required to smoothly run operations, finance, programs, human resources, IT and real estate as well as manage the day-to-day activities.
- Define a clear set of metrics for the organization to track its progress and monitor activities and programming.
- Drive a collaborative team culture of quality, innovation and intelligent use of resources.
- Manage budgeting, accounting, payroll, audit and other financial administration and provide sound fiscal judgement.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure sufficient internal controls, protect organizational assets and ensure overall financial health.
- Create and maintain all guidelines and procedures ensuring Amant is in compliance with all accounting, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Oversee building operations including maintenance, capital budget, cleaning and security.
- Manage all human resource functions and procedures including recruitment, hiring, benefits, employee handbooks, operational policies, retention and risk management.
- Supervise cash management and collections from events and café.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will be a smart, driven business operator who is inspired by the Founder’s vision and interested in art.
- A seasoned professional with a minimum of 10 years of operational experience, including managing and growing an initiative and overseeing finances and operations.
- Proven track record in corporate or other related business/operational management with experience advancing priorities for growth and delivering on KPIs.
- Business-oriented manager with a process and systems-based approach to financial and organizational management.
- Deep analytical expertise and experience identifying and rolling out platforms and systems.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on with an ability to operate and implement in a creative environment.
- Able to build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders, artists, customers and partners.
- A problem solver and self-starter who can manage a team and roll-up their sleeves.
- Performs and executes with grace, respect and accountability.
education: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree a plus.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Amant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
We welcome applications, nominations and suggestions. Please email your interest (letter and resume) in confidence to: email@example.com